ksaem05
Lurker

ksaem05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Confirmed! HTC WIFI Router works on Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alau1158 View Post
well for me, first make sure you set up an ad-hoc connection on your phone, say call it treo, then assing your phone a static IP address i.e. 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gateway blank. start your Wifi, then launch this program and from your laptop look for the ad-hoc connection you've set (i.e. treo). seems like the ad-hoc (xda-wifirouter or something like that) connection they've set on the program by default doesn't work, so don't even bother with that. but just a warning at least with the mine, my internet stopped working on the phone since i've tested this software, i had to either hard reset my phone or restore it from spb's backup for it to work again.
Ok, i am using this program on my touch pro (it came cooked in Energy ROM) and it works great. I use it with my new I-pad without a hitch. The problem is that on my wife's Treo Pro I am having the same issues i've been reading about. I lost the internet on her phone last night after successfully making the router program run following the instructions posted by Alau1158. However I was able to recover the internet by switching the wifi settings from static to server assigned.