View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
amikam
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to recover 23xxx stuff in 21xxx sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
That would be very cool of you. I'm using [04.20.2010]MikROM_Standard_23563. Thanks in advance. I know all I've done is complain on this thread, but I do like the ROM and appreciate the effort you put into it.

I found a weird issue this morning by the way; whenever I turn on Wifi and connect to my home network the alphanumeric keyboard won't pop up anymore for things like text messages (but does pop up for some text areas in the settings). The problem fixed itself last time with a soft reset but now it's persistent even after the reset.

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, I just realized this has nothing to do with Wifi. If you enable the windows lock screen (with a pin) this is how you replicate it:

1- Open the start menu (on the bottom left), and click the lock icon on the bottom left of the menu
2- Enter pin to unlock the phone
3- Go to text message tab, click menu, then new; the number only keyboard pops up

To fix this, you can do the following:

1- Goto Start > Settings > System > About
2- Goto the Device ID Page

When the Device Name field is highlighted, the alphanumeric keyboard pops up and the problem fixes itself. You can now close the start menu. The problem will happen again the next time you lock your phone using the built in windows locking.

It's quite possible this problem will fix itself if, as mentioned, you make me a CAB with the 6.5 lock screen in it.
here u go... i hope this didn't have to be cooked in... otherwise it wont work.
let me know how it is... and if it actually fixed more than the lockscreen thing for u, also tell me what else it fixed.

edit:
i got a chance to check it myself... it works... just make sure u turn off the lockscreen on CHT and soft reset after install.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM WM23563 LockScreen.cab (2.62 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.