Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Isror
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Isror is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I got my Droid Incredible Today

As far as the vibrate goes, I think its quite powerful for the size of the device, I notice it when wearing cargo shorts, when I couldn't with my TP2 a while ago when I had one.

My fiance said that she thinks the sound quality is better on her end (with me on the Incredible) than when I was using my Moto Droid.

If I had to gripe about something, I'd say maybe the body is too smooth because it easily slides out of my pocket when sitting down, so I'm usually taking it out of my pocket before I sit down. None of the local Verizon stores have accessories yet, and the one Bodyglove case I do want hasn't even been ordered by big red yet.

I've yet to really play with Friend Stream, but that's mainly because I'm anti Facebook type pages to begin with, so I really just stick to text messaging.

The Internet on this bad boy is something to be reckoned with...I'll go 3g to 3g with ANY Apple fanboy with the Incredible and would put money on the Incredible coming out on top for any page, not to mention we've got flash light going on this bad boy.

The Sense UI is amazing, quick and snappy from all other previous versions I've used, and makes you feel happy to "Be Home Again" with HTC.

I just noticed last night that when taking pictures, you can press down on the optical trackball and the center post of it, is a button, but the pictures are quick to take, none of this click and wait 5-6 seconds like I experienced with my Moto Droid or TP2.

As for applications, I'm not a big app "*****" lol. I've downloaded the NFL app, Weather Channel (even though weather is built into Sense, I still like having the Weather Channel app), Google Sky Map, Dictionary.com, and a Bar Code Scanner. I'm still looking for more, but I don't have a huge need for apps, and I always have my netbook for simple gaming.

The charge time is good, I'd say about 2hrs tops from 30% power remaining to full charge. If you use this device for what its intended, she'll get you through the day, but this will be one of those phones I think users will want to maybe look into a high cap or spare battery for those really extended days. Its nice because the phone has a built in meter for showing where your battery usage is being done the most.

Overall, this was the device I've been waiting for. Physical size is amazing and the physical weight; its lighter than the Moto Droid. The screens ability to display color is just outstanding. I don't like that we have to pry the cover off the back to remove the battery and then snap it back on, it just feels like its one of those things we'll be replacing in a few months of wear and tear, but I could be wrong, maybe HTC has found some way of reinforcing plastics to hold up better lol, idk.

More questions? Please feel free to ask
This post has been thanked 2 times.