View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
ebmorgan
Halfway to VIP Status

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Okay...here's my report after using this for the weekend:

Phone is definately more responsive. However, the RAM overhead is bigger with this build. I haven't had a single problem except for a couple of lock-ups. GPS works great....but only in Google Maps. I haven't been able to get it to work in Live. The phone is definately running at EVDO Rev.A now. Tethering to my laptop and surfing the web is just as fast as a DSL connection....but not quite like a cable connection. In my office where I do all my testing I am pulling 1.1-1.5MB down and 856 to 1.1MB up. This is WAY faster than I was getting before (856/96). The new radio ROM is also giving me a definate inprovment in low signal reception. I get 2-3 bars in my apartment when I used to get 0-1. Not a single dropped call all weekend. That's quite a feat for cells in my apartment...

I'm running the following without issue:
*ROM 3.16
*Extended_ROM upon flash....then hard reset with no ext_ROM.
*WM6 Threaded SMS App
*Spb Mobile SHell
*Spb Phone Suite
*Spb PocketPlus
*Google Maps
*Live Search
*NO REG HACKS