View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
Got Android to boot on the Verizon TP, but it is slower than molasses going uphill in January.

I think a big hindrance is the Nerfed RAM on it. It has about 24 MB free when all is said and done. Making Android run with the least bit of memory usage possible is a big necessity. Also, since no one ever tries to mess with VZW hardware, there is no one to continue development for the VZW version, as the person who does is busy with school. It's a good start, though.

There's also the nagging issue of the APN settings being lost. They just up and disappeared. Gone forever. Can't make new ones.
Yea, you seem to be aware of the RAPH500 issue with development... there doesn't seem to be anyone actively developing Android for that device, and as far as I know the kernel is still in the doldrums... back in September I believe is when that tree splits and ends for the RAPH500.

As far as the ROM you have installed, don't worry about RAM free in WinMo. It really has nothing to do with Android, once you run HaRET.exe, Linux/Android takes over your phone, and WinMo has nothing to do with the hardware at that point. With that said, I do believe the RAPH500 is also crippled compared to the 800 in both the RAM and ROM dept. Not sure why VZW chose to do that...