View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:21 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
man im proud of you. it took me about 6 months to get my first rom (on my diamond) up and running right.. now i can contribute with 2 years of cooking

its gonna take you a while to get the right reg edits that you want to configure it how you like. i literally just got my most recent custom rom to be exactly how i want it (start menu organized, custom background and splash, custom tabs, and ect...)

all i need to do now is learn how to do more random stuff and be good to go...
It wouldn't be possible for others to learn without people coming around and sharing their knowledge, so all thanks goes to people like you I go back and forth between cooking my own ROMs... I just don't have the time to keep up with the development cycle of a lot of this stuff and it's way too easy to fall behind.

I just get stuck asking a lot of questions because I know -someone- out there knows the answer and would have a much easier time finding a solution than I would. This thread has become a great example, it's got a ton of information in it, but it's so huge it's hard to find it. Still, no better way.

I guess my next project is learning about OTA updates so I can make changes on the device a bit more easily. Now where do I start