View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
mrmediaguy
PPCGeeks Regular

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Bump with An update to the Disable Slide To Wake. Removed the original statement about this program helping with the known issue of Leather Cases with the magnetic closure flap turning on the phone. I was informed that is not the case.
(Sorry to reply so late on this one -- been on business travel all week and just now working my way through the pages of posts.)

I'm not sure I agree with this. Unless HTC have surreptitiously changed the hardware design of the slide wakeup function, it does indeed work on magnets (more precisely, a magnet in one half and a magnetic reed switch in the other). (The G-sensor is not involved, just to quell that rumor.) The DisableSlideWakeup cab alters the registry setting that causes the phone to come out of standby when the magnetic reed switch is triggered. The net effect is that errant magnets passing over the bottom fourth of the phone (from cases or otherwise) can no longer wake the phone.

Yet now a new wrinkle -- jstn76rs has a phone that WILL apparently still wake up from a passing magnet even though the slide-wake function *is* correctly disabled by the cab. If this is really true (and I have no reason to doubt it since he said it) then his phone is definitely unique compared to all the other TP2's I have seen. Anyone else observe this? If you have installed DisableSlideWakeup, could you try running a magnet or two around the bottom fourth of the phone (around the zoom bar is usually the sweet spot) and report back?

And to jstn76rs -- just curious, I see you have a Sprint phone. Can you tell me how long you've had it? Is it relatively new?

Wow, things are boring without regular ROM updates -- I've resorted to caring about magnets.
This post has been thanked 1 times.