View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:25 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
What's the process needed to get drivers working? For instance, GPS and camera are currently non-functioning. Why is this so?
Some drivers can be ported from similar Android devices. Some have problems. The ones that remain non-functional are the latter. I don't really know too much about the status of GPS or camera; I believe there's no driver for the specific variation on the camera chipset used on the raph. I imagine the problems could be solved if someone with coding experience were to put some time into them, but I think the devs tend to put general stability at a higher priority, and there's not a lot of manpower to go around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
Okay, I witnessed this with my own eyes now. The phone had low battery (7%) and it then started to shut down. It said "Phone is shutting down". It did not go to Kernel panic or any shell-like screen. It looked like a completely normal shut down for power reasons. It proceeded to reboot immediately after.

So i'm definitely not hallucinating.
Cool. I guess in that build the line of code that pegged the battery status to a minimum of 5% (to avoid just that problem) got removed. It's back in there now, looks like. Sorry about that.

New question: can someone try the latest autobuild kernel and tell me if it's WORSE than the standard kernel in terms of battery status? (standard meaning from the AIO, or really anything more than a couple weeks old)