View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Mojary
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm looking into buying a Touch Pro2, but i have some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvdmartian View Post
hello mojary

i plan to buy one on ebay kasi, and the ones i find are usually CDMA ones. and usually the ones there are from sprint, or t-mobile.. and i want to get the sprint version because of the 3.5mm earphone jack. but the sprint one is CDMA, right?
So if i get a CDMA one, theres no need to unlock anything? I just simply insert the sim card?
What if I want to flash to the latest HTC official (non-operator) ROM, do i need to hard spl?

And may I know the advantages and disadvantages if i get a GSM or CDMA one? Why do you recommend I get the GSM one?..

The HD2? I want a real QWERTY keyboard.

thanks for the replies.
sprint is CDMA. ok...if you're after the 3mm jack, best bet mo is sprint. yung mga GSM does not come with that feature. and yes, it already comes sim unlocked for international use. so ilagay mo lang sim mo and you're all good to go. for data, if sun offers data, you'll need to get the settings from them. but i dont know if sun runs on a 3g network. you may only end up running with gprs on data even if you have a 3g network.

if want to run custom roms, you'll need to do a hardspl unlock. you can find out about it here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93867 - if you get the sprint tp2, make sure get the unlocker for CDMA.

i recommended you get the GSM because like i stated, philippines dominantly use GSM. but you can't go wrong with the headphone jack on the cdma version though. the difference between the two networks doesn't really matter there in the philippines...because almost all cell phone devices run only on GSM. but here in the states, the differences is the technology.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.