View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Mojary
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm looking into buying a Touch Pro2, but i have some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvdmartian View Post
so, whichever version of the TP2 i get, I would be able to get it working here with the correct unlocking and ROMs?

and lets say I get a Sprint version. When i get it, what should i do first, and what next? Theres the sim unlock thing, and that hardspl thing i really dont understand..

sorry for my newbieness.. my last WM phone was an XDA mini S.
like i said...just get the GSM version of the TP2. but if you do decide to get the CDMA version...the sim device already comes unlock for international use so you don't have to do anything to use it. but as far as using cooked roms, you would need to hardspl unlock your phone. hardspl pretty much just unlocks your device's radio so you can use an un-official rom on it. you can get the answer on how to do that on the reply to your no. 3 question. but do be aware of what you're doing when flashing to another rom. if you mess up, you'll have a very expensive and shiny new brick and/or paperweight. oh and unlocking your device's radio and flashing to a custom rom voids the warranty of the device.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.