View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
afripino
PPCGeeks Regular

afripino is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Another SOD Story

Ok....I've scoured the threads and I'd like for us to finally put our heads together to figure out the cause and solution for SOD's. Mine started yesterday after flashing to ZONE-ROM. I'm not new to the ROM flashing game. I've been flashing custom ROM's since my PPC-6700 then Treo 700WX, then Touch Pro, and now my Touch Pro 2. I, like many of you, am a flashaholic. I was previously on MightyROM (latest release) with no problems since the initial release, so I'm really hating the phone's lack of reliability now.

I've done a bit of looking around, and this topic has been mentioned quite often, so I'll keep the first post brief. So far I've tried (in order)....

1. Flashing Stock (Sprint 6.5 Official) then hard reset - SOD
2. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
3. Flashing back to MightyROM then hard reset - SOD
4. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
5. Flashing Stock (Sprint 6.1 Official) then hard reset - SOD
6. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
7. Task29 then flashing Stock (Sprint 6.1 Official) then hard reset - SOD
8. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
9. Task29 then flashing Stock (Sprint 6.5 Official) then hard reset - SOD
10. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
11. Task29 then flashing MightyROM then hard reset - SOD
12. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD

I am hard resetting after each flash. I don't think it has anything to do with Sense as the SOD occurs on the splash screen as well even with Sense disabled on any of these ROM's. My next attempt will be to flash a non-Sense (Titanium only) ROM, but it seems this will probably fail as well.

Anybody else have any ideas? It's quite a few people out there with SOD issues and I hope through this thread we can get everyone back on their feet (well....back on their phones at least).