smartbusiness2003
N00b

smartbusiness2003 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.2 23557 & 21896 4/10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Idialer doesn't seem to work on com5. I was expecting it to popup with graphics all messed up but it didn't load at all even after I disabled phonecanvas. The HTC dialers you have to edit the phcanrc.dll for com5 and there was only a .exe in the cab.
I have not been using iDialer to replace the default Imagio dialer. I only use iDialer to make Google Callback calls. iDialer is a cab that simply takes your predefined settings to log into your Google Voice account (through IE) and initiate a Google Callback to the number that you specify. The graphics should be fine. I am not sure that we are on the same page. iDialer is not a dialer replacement, it is a separate program like pandora or slacker radio. After you install the cab, you should be able to click on the icon and run the program. When you try to make your first call with it, a IE window should pop up asking you to input your Google Voice username and password. Am I making sense to you, or do I have no idea about what I am talking about? That could very well be the case. You threw me off when you started talking about, "I was expecting it to popup with graphics all messed up but it didn't load at all even after I disabled phonecanvas. The HTC dialers you have to edit the phcanrc.dll for com5" You should not have to edit any .dll files or phone canvases to find out if the IE window will pop up when trying to make the first call with idialer. Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your help.

I would flash your latest ROM and test it myself, but I would prefer if someone that already has your latest 23557 ROM test idialer before I flash. That way, if it really doesn't work, I can stay with what I have and wait until it is fixed.