View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
ichthus
PPCGeeks Regular

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Just can't get this XDA_UC thing
maybe i can help...

i studied the mscr that xda_uc runs. it's awesome in its simplicity.
!!!

i made a change to it (for my sake). the version on my phone from the 3/30 21898 Max version used mortscripts Copy command instead of XCopy if it found the CPY1: and CPY2: commands in the sdconfig.txt file. so now it copies either single files or wildcarded files.

anyways, here's the order of XDA_UC:
1. if it finds a my.tsk in the Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, it installs it

2. if a Storage Card\XDA_UC\Sense directory exists, it Xcopies all the files to the \Windows directory and it will overwrite any existing files, it will also create any sub-directories you've created in the \sense directory as well.

3. if it finds a wallpaper_sense.png file in the XDA_UC\Sense directory, it will write that to two registry keys, and cycle HTC Sense.

4. if it finds a .pib (created by backing up personal favorites) file in the XDA_UC directory, it will run PPCPimBackup and restore the .pib file, it records the name of all .pib files restored in the registry.

5. if it finds any .xda files in the \Windows folder, it will unzip them, execute them, delete them, and record in the registry the name of each .xda file executed, it records all .xda files executed into the registry.

6. if it finds any .xda files in the XDA_UC directory, it will unzip them, execute them,, delete them, and record the name of each on in the registry.

7. if it finds a SDConfig.txt file on the root of the Storage Card, it will process it as normal.

8. If it finds any .cab files in teh XDA_UC directory, each one will be installed and recorded in the registry.

9. if it finds any .reg files in the XDA_UC directory, it imports them into the registry, and records each one in the registry.

10. if it finds any .xmlfiles in the XDA_UC directory, they are executed, and each one is recorded in the registry.

11. if it finds any .mscr files in the XDA_UC directory, each one is executed and then recorded in the registry.

12. if it finds a welcomehead.192.png file int the XDA_UC directory, it copies it.

13. it notifies you that it is done and asks if you want to reset the phone.

NOTE: the reason it records each file it executes into the registry is so that if you execute the XDA_UC utility like twice in a row, but without making any changes to files to be installed, XDA_UC doesn't reinstall any of them.

hope this helps you figure out how to use it.
This post has been thanked 6 times.