View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 AM
berry_lthird
PPCGeeks Regular

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
I currently own a Touch, which I prefer aesthetically to the Titan. I may also get a Titan, however, but it would have to be the Verizon xv6800 model. The Sprint Mogul just looks plain garish to me. But that's just IMHO.

Having previously owned the venerable Apache (6700) series, I can admit that either Titan is sleeker and "sexier" than its predecessor. Lack of that huge, gaudy antenna, for one. However, I did prefer the straight lines that lent to the brick-like solidness of the Apache. But again, that's just IMHO.

The Titan is the next logical upgrade to the Apache, which was a huge commercial success in itself. The Apache remains one of the most hacked phones I've ever ran across.

The Titan holds true to all of the features of the Apache, but expands on this by adding even more input options, not to mention support for MicroSD TransFlash memory. I'm still amazed at all the features the Apache had: IR, bluetooth, WiFi, GPS radio, sliding keyboard, touchscreen, joystick, 1.3 MP camera, camera flash, and Windows Mobile OS. The Titan has all of these and more.

So naturally, for those upgrading from the Apache series, the Titan would inherit all of the former's buzz, community support, and hacker targeting.

The only thing it lacks is a standard stereo headset jack. On that note; I don't understand why cell phone manufacturers can't make just one perfect phone. Something always has to be missing. It's like they do that sh*t on purpose just to piss us off. How hard would it have been to include a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? It's not like the Titan lacks surface space for it. But I digress.

For features and functionality, the Titan series is about as close to perfect as any phone has gotten so far.

*EDIT: Should the Touch ever get GPS and WiFi there wouldn't be any other reason for me to get a Titan. Like I said: I prefer the Touch aesthetically. While I can appreciate the Titan's merits, I would much rather stick with my Touch.
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!

Last edited by berry_lthird; 01-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.