View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
JtheGeek
Lurker

JtheGeek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Interested in helping Linux/Android development?

Hi!
Ok so I've been studying up on porting Android to the Palm Treo Pro. Mine is the 528 Mhz one instead of the 400 mhz one. I've attempted a couple of tries, gotten to the point where everything lists through, I get the lil' Haret "tux" screen and get a flashing of 10/11 some sort of memory error, too small/fast for me to see. Repeats until I pull the battery to reboot.
I'm using a download I found called TreoDroid? Supposed to be built my phhusson I think. It seems the Raphael build is the most cross ready for the Pro, but we're having to tweak little bits and pieces on it.
My question is, what is the most effective "Startup.txt/Default.txt" so far? Mine is as follows:

set ramsize 0x80000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 1910
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "root=/dev/ram0 init=/ console=tty0 mem=76M msmsdcc_id=3 zmgdevname=/dev/mmcblk0p1 imgdevnum=1 imgdir=/ msmts_calib=0x7a.0x5e.0x35a.0x37f msmvkeyb_toggle=off board-htcraphael.treo=1 wifi.mac=00:1D:FE:9C:10:52 "
boot

Fair warning I'm very, very new at all this and I am simply tinkering with other peoples work to attempt to get a functional version of Droid. I could go buy an Android phone but I just bought this phone like 7 months ago... so, I figured I might as well apply myself to trying to get Droid on my Palm. Help is much appreciated! Previous work/etc, comments, other tests and the like!