View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Very cool, but what is keeping it upright? It looks like the micro usb and 3.5mm jack to me. If that is the case I would be worried that stress on those ports could cause them to break after a while.
Being one who intentionally purchased the European version of this cradle "just hoping" it might fit my USA T-Mobile HD2, I can say that it's not just the ports that hold the device upright. (No my US T-Moble HD2 didn't fit properly, but enough for me to see how the cradle keeps the device upright. The fact it did not fit is part of the reason I know how it holds the device up by more than just the ports.) The cradle is custom sized at the bottom, to perfectly fit the version of HD2 that it was made for. The plastic at the bottom that holds the base of the device like a cup.

My only concern, is whether it can hold my device while I'm using Bodyguardz. Since the base is custom sized to fit the bottom of the device so snug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
there is a link to a different cradle in the 1600mah battery thread that costs a little less and looks like it may have more support to hold the phone up other than the 2 ports.
This has no 3.5mm jack to support using headphones while the device is in the cradle. Also, that cradle only has a mini USB port on the back for sync and charge.

Having the European version of the cradle with the 3.5mm jack + mini USB and Micro USB ports on the back, I'm not worried at all about the ports getting loose. I'm just glad they made a version for the T-Mobile US HD2, since I could never "modify" the European version to fit my HD2 .