View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
burtonsnow8
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Broken screen on the new TP2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
And while doing so you will void your warranty. Don't do what the previous poster recommended....You say you have insurance, then create a claim with asurian, fork over the deductible and get yourself a new phone...that's what your paying for. How long have you had the insurance btw? If you want to go the route the previous poster passed along...then you can do so...but if anything ever happens to the phone that you cannot fix, then your cell provider won't be able to help you. You also might want to contact HTC on this matter and see if you can't send the phone into them and pay for the replacement screen.
Asurion doesn't care if you break warranty. Insurance is purchased in case your phone isn't covered by warranty. So although this would be a case to use insurance, I never liked getting a refurbished phone. Also, I think the refurbished phone you get back will be under different warranty terms than your brand new phone, but you'll have to check that out yourself. This also means that down the road you can use your insurance to get a new phone still.

I would suggest checking w/ your provider and HTC to see if you can get a replacement screen.