View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
burtonsnow8
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Do All Roms with Sense 2.5 have a memory leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
IMO a memory leak would be if you loaded like Opera for instance and u had 80 mb for example free before opening it...when running u had 75 mb free...and then when u closed it u only had 77 mb free...thats what i would consider a mem leak..ive noticed even going through the settings in Manilla or just using the windows lock skyrockets my ram usage and i never get it back...after a fresh boot im about 52% after about 4 or 5 hours use im at like 64% and thats with nothing open and even sometimes a run of a ram cleaning program. and thats on the newest energy, mighty, and mr. x roms..
that is something different called memory caching. It isn't leaking, it is just saving that information so it can pull it up at a later time much quicker. Basically if you've ever gone to the music tab after inserting your SD card you will see the phone caching all the music files. Next time you go to the music tab you will see it load up right away, because all the file locations are cached. You will also notice that Sense UI takes about 2% more RAM as well. I've done it on my phone and went from 56% to 60% once I navigated to the music tab.

Basically everything on your phone gets cached.

What the user above me mentioned is a memory leak!

*edit*
Many of the new 2.5 ROMs do not have a memory leak but they do have a higher running % and cannot handle as many apps (I can do 3 really intensive apps [opera, coreplayer, and other] before running out of RAM). Also, make sure any installed apps do not create a memory leak

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 04-13-2010 at 01:58 AM.