View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
razorloves
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: USCC No Voice Service, No Data, & No MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
ok, I called USCC today and they said my phone "lost" programming. I played dumb like oh how does that happen? He says it normally doesn't unless an agent is programming the phone. So he has me dial ##217441 TALK. Nothing happens I try ##217441#, knowing that the roms use # at the end not talk. Still nothing. He has me dial ##000000 TALK = # and it brings me to the Activation Wizard(MSL) which has my MDN and MSID. I just put in the correct ones and I am up and running....

So yea I am running, which I could have done myself through EPST.
Apparently my MSL is 217441, but I don't think it will work and 000000 is good enough for him I guess I don't need a specific MSL...

Unfortunately, it does NOT answer why this is happening. Happened last night and again today. I just want to know if it is a sign of the device failing. If it is I may be switching over to the Desire that is supposed to be released here shortly.
An epst reset needs to be done on your phone and unfortunately ##RTN doesn't seem to work on the TP2 like it has on previous htc phones. I believe you have 2 options. You can change your msl to what it's suppose to be, using QPST or CDMA Workshop, and see if that fixes your problem. Or, you can call them back and say it keeps losing programming on it's own and get a free replacement. that's my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.