View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Wil Badger
Regular 'Geeker

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: Proper Flash Dance Technique

The whole story of having to flash to a stock rom is false. It just has to be something different. If you are staying with in the same build number it is wise to change the build version then flash the new version.

So say you have the newer 6.5.x (start on the bottom) and you are going to another 6.5.x build. This is when you would flash say the older 6.5 ( start at the top) before flashing to the newer 6.5.x build. It just makes sure that there is nothing left in the ram from the previous flash. If there was and you flashed basically the same build on top of it, it might not properly overwrite the old information.

I have never even bothered to do this and I can't say I have ever run into an issue.