View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 AM
papaslides
Lurker

papaslides is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: which current rom has the best battery life for sprint

I second the vote for NFSFan's ROM. His stuff is always very minimal in extra tweaks, just the newest most stable version of Sense 2.5, the bare necessities of extra apps/tweaks, and enough memory/xip/etc. optimization to make it one of the smoothest ROM's with the best battery life out there. I love NRGZ's stuff, and many others but when it comes down to needing a ROM to stay on for a long period of time, I always come back to NFSFan and just install the extras myself.

I'm currently using NRGZ's latest beta (GTX Themed with Cookie Home Tab and Call History Tab released April 8th) It's incredibly smooth even though I'm not a fan of the GTX theme, but we'll see about the battery, I've only been up an hour or 2 and we are down to 93% so I'm a bit skeptical.

NFSFan should have a new v 1.06 coming out pretty soon, and that or the following release should include a lot of stuff from the HD2 Mini which should be able to run more easily on our TP's than the HD2 stuff modified for the TP. We'll see though, his releases are always solid.

So yeah go with NRGZ for the most stable ROM with all the extras and eyecandy, go with NFSFan for the longest lasting, even more stable ROM.

Also if you have Gmail, look into the google sync service. I know Push email can be a real drain on battery, but not if you don't get that many e-mails. I mean you can have 5 or 6 emails pushed to you a day or have the mail app log on and check your mail 12-24 times a day, often times for nothing. Plus it's SUPER convenient to have all your calendar/contacts ready to be pushed back on your phone every time simply by logging in with activesync.

Hope that helps