View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
overtheair
N00b

overtheair is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I ran this unlocker on a Vogue (Sprint) and assumed I had sucessfully unlocked it, although I didn't check to verify the bootloader screen showed 2.31 after running it.

Next I tried to install Android to NAND using the RUU but kept getting the 262 Update Error. I then tried running bootloader and installing Android directly from the androidinstall.tar file on the SD card. That also seemed to go nowhere, so I called it a day. But the next day, after powering on the phone and setting it aside for a few minutes, I returned to find it had booted into Android and everything on it was working.

I now want to flash back to Windows Mobile but am getting the 262 error again when using the RUU. When trying to flash directly from a Windows Mobile NBH file on the SD card, the bootloader screen goes immediately to "Initializing ...", but just hangs there forever.

The bootlader screen shows SPL-2.01.0000, which I assume means it's not unlocked, right? But if this Vogue is not unlocked, how was I able to install Android on it? Is there a way to get Windows Mobile back onto this phone, or is it now flashed to Android forever? I've tried running the Unlocker again, but it requires an Active Sync connection, which I can't establish with Android. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by overtheair; 04-11-2010 at 02:55 PM.