View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
dallas contractor
Almost a VIP

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
OK These are the settings I had have in my phone for GPS to work.. I'm not sure if all these were required but this is what I did.

I rebooted my main pc prior to flashing to the new ROM with GPS to clear out any cobwebs that may have caused the process to fail.

Connected my Phone/PDA via activesync, and started the ROM update. I had an original sprint ROM so I didnt need to unlock my phone.

While flashing the phone I was at 11% and then it kinda paused rebooted, it did this a few times then continued on past 11%. Have patience dont touch anything dont move your mouse, dont surf the net while this is going on.

Once the phone went through its customizations all was well, I did the IOTA update and got all my settings for internet.

GPS didnt work right away. I write code for GPS apps for the company I work for, and there seems to be an association process that needs to go on at the satellit before the satellite will send GPS data. So be patient, it took my almost 40 minutes before the process started, I had a cup of coffee outside, "Largo FL" although it is a bit chilly here not too bad. I'm from chicago so I know COLD.
also have your live search open, have the option "Center On GPS" checked in the menu when viewing a map. The icon will turn from the gray/yellow to orangish red. At least it did for me, also it will start changing direction. It does work in the house, but not as good as outside.

Set your External GPS setting in the system control panel on your phone in the software port settings to COM4, and leave the other as "Let windows Automatically Manage" this will keep your Hardware COM port to "None".

Now set your map application to use COM4. Well at least for livesearch I cant say for others as I dont use them. I've always good data transmission so I cant tell on the Rev. A stuff.

Now if someone can tell me how to get my activesync working again, that would be great. It wont complete the "retrieving settings" to go into guest mode.
I also can not get Activesnyc to work.