View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM
dmaul3300
N00b

dmaul3300 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A couple of quick questions about the update.

1. when you are using REV A - does it show A or REV (when you are in evdo - it shows EV) - just curious if it displayed. reading posts, it sounds like many people are getting faster speeds.

2. GPS - do i need to buy an external reciever to get turn by turn directions. I have the vision pack that includes sprint navigation. can i use this or google maps and get turn by turn directions WITHOUT an external reciever.

3. I havent seen many people talk about volume. Can you hear people better with the new rom?

this question was asked before but i didnt see the answer.
4. when using GPS (turn by turn directions) - can you recieve phone calls?

This is a GREAT source of information and have spent hours and hours reading various posts about all sorts of stuff.

From reading posts from this site, I was able to use getspc to get my msl code, have made many registry changes, replaced audiopara.csv file to fix phone volume, got mms, threaded sms to work and have found many AWESOME programs like HTC customizer that allow you to use different backgrounds,icons etc.

Im not confident enough to try the upgrade. I have had my phone for about a month now and have learned alot BUT i know i have ALOT more to learn.

Thanks for all the people that do post on this site and has made it what it is. i appreciate people sharing their knowledge with noobies like me. one reason I bought the mogul was because of this site. There is so much information and so many cool things a person can do with their phone.