View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
phe4321
Lurker

phe4321 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VPN problems {PPTP}

I have been trying to connect to my company's VPN servers which are using both PPTP and L2TP (shared key). Neither work using the HD2, but using PC's and Laptops running Windows it does work. A log on the server is generated which says.... A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client 66.94.20.216 has been established, but the VPN connection cannot be completed. The most common cause for this is that a firewall or router between the VPN server and the VPN client is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) packets (protocol 47). Verify that the firewalls and routers between your VPN server and the Internet allow GRE packets. Make sure the firewalls and routers on the user's network are also configured to allow GRE packets. It must be an issue with T-mobile blocking that port through their data connection, because I can connect via vpn while connected to my home wifi network. Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution? If so, what was the problem?