View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I'm interested in a media player that works with avi files. The MS one doesn't play my movies. I can't remember the player I used to have.
HI Ironred, you need to know in which "video codec" are your videos, ".AVI" is not a specific video codec name, just a general "initials" (sorry don't know the word in english). So AVI files, can be encodec in several video codecs. For example, Pocket Divx player which will not play Xvid encodec videos, anyway it SUCK make too HOT your Diamond, and eat Frames as a pig, so that one is not a good option. In "PC" I use "VLC player" which is quite fantastic, but in "PPC" I have not idea which are the most versatil video player, maybe (MAYBE) try TCPMP
EDIT: IronRed : CorePlayer I guess is a rebump actual version of TCPMP.
Anyway, What I really remmember and I'm pretty sure is that Dvix and Xvid are not the best option nowaday for PPC, your best option today is a NEW codec name it "H.264" which is SO SO SO better that the original "H.263" and the latest Dvix and the latest Xvid codecs. What I mean is that if you encodec a video in this different formats with the same Audio/video quality you will discover that the smaller file will be the one in "H.264". That is so well know that the two only companies that make Video Card for PC (Nvidia and ATI) are making there new LINE video Cards with "Native" decoder procesor enable for "H.264"
format. Which mean a LOT (H264 aka AVC can be found as codec for Blueray, youtube, itunes, etc).
By the way this files are ".Mp4" files encodec with H.264 video codec and AAC audio format (a lot better that mp3 codec)
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-08-2010 at 12:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.