View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Are you using HD Tweaks by chance?

I don't know what that is, so I'll say 'no'. Is that an app that messes with AS settings? If so, did it cause this issue for others? And if so again, what was the resolution? Maybe I arrived at the same messed-up-ness by a different route.

I have installed: Cookie's hometab, pocketshield, volumex, Awesome Start Menu, Bing, WorldCard, TotalCommander, FDC Task Manager, a few stupid card games/board games, and my own apps ZoomBarPlus and ReRemind.

EDIT: I also installed the Sprint automatic PRL Update service. I'm going to try disabling the service and killing omc.exe. It's a long shot...
HD Tweaks is similar to Advance Configuration. Lets you mess with a ton of settings that can cause problems. I have had your same problem with the very last 2.1 Sense ROM Mighty did, so I don't believe it is related to this ROM. I seem to remember that I was messing with removing poutlook from the startup folder. Once I put it back I think my problem went away. It also might have been pure luck, so take what I am saying with a grain of salt so to speak. If you cleared storage back to his base ROM, and limited your software installs to one at a time, waiting a half to full day in between new installs, you might find that their is program causing the issue.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 04-07-2010 at 07:45 PM.