View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
awdnut
Lurker

awdnut is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

The links and instructions are all right here. Lots of people have come on here, read the thread, clicked the links, and got WM6.5, myself included. We know you can do it too because PDA Junkie made it SO easy!

Having said that, I do have some issues with the ROM on my Telus HTC Apache (UTStarcom)...

The lock screen application was acting oddly after trying to set the "hint" to some recovery info. I tried a few resets and eventually removed the battery to get it working again. It actually came up with the old lock screen once after that and I just said "enough" and disabled the password on the lock screen.

In 6.1 you can 'hibernate' (turn off) the phone while playing music and music keeps playing. In fact if music was paused when you power off the phone, it started playing again and it was a bit of a trick to turn the phone off so that it's not in media player or on the media plugin in the today screen.

In 6.5 turning off the phone stops music playback. I found the screen toggle option in the media center options but that sucks as it's very easy to bump the phone and call the last person you were talking to. Eventually I got smart and locked the screen (WinKey + Button1) but the phone never seemed to 'hibernate' even when it was way past the hibernation value I set in the power settings.

I haven't tried data yet but at this point I'm looking at getting a 6.5 kitchen and cooking my own to get a better blend of what I need.. (SDHC/CPUXScale/Freecell/VoiceCommand/etc..)

Still this was a great preview of the improvements to 6.5 and a few of the 'problems' .