View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
dahoov
PPCGeeks Regular

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post

Why have it if there's no benefit. I like the Doc and E-read tab, for me they serve a purpose. It to his or her own, I need to know from the users if we are to keep the Facebook tab or lose it?
After trying it I can say I don't really see any benefit. I was hoping to see updates from friends, but it just doesn't seem to do that. My vote is take it out and save the memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
1. More tabs, less memory available.

When I started this thread with V1. 61% memory available at boot. Now we are lucky if we get 50%.
Here's a list of programs available on the roms. Some will want everything installed, some a few and others none.

1. MS IM (Small footprint)
2. My Phone, not needed since I use Outlook 2007 for sync. I know some of you don't have O2007 and My Phone is a "I need it" so my vote is void. (Small footprint
3. RSS Feed (Small footprint)
4. PHM Registry (Maybe at times) but not everyday. (Small footprint)
5. Voice Recorder (one of the programs u might just need)depends(Small footprint)
6. Total Commander ("I need it" as least for me) (Small footprint)
7. SprintTV (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
8. SprintNav (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
9. Opera 10 Final (Large footprint)
10. Opera Mini 5 (Small footprint) (Very Fast when compared to Opera 10)
11. Marketplace (? if you want to install free programs everytime you flash) (Small footprint)
12. Google Maps (Med foot print)
13. Adobe Reader ("I need it") most will need at some time or other.
14. Bluetooth Audio (Small footprint) good program.
15. CleanRam 2.1 (Sorry, a must have program) (Small footprint)
16. PHM Backup (A must have) (Small footprint)
17. MS Live (?, needed for Marketplace)(Small footprint)

At the start of this thread I would use a rom done to my taste. And one for release. The I decided to use the same rom I release. That way if there was issues I would get them also.

So you tell me?
1. Light Rom, user does most of the installs
2. Med Rom, I few must have programs (Opera,BT Audio,Marketplace)
3. Heavy Rom, everything now installed at flash
4. Max my rom out, throw in the kitchen sink!

Although it is handy to have all the programs there already they are easy to install. I vote for one "Lite" ROM, and one "Sprint" ROM that includes TV and NAV. I have all of the .cabs I use on my card so re-installation is just a matter of sitting down for a few minutes to install them all...usually with a cup of coffee in my hand.

Once again thanks for all your work. I wish I knew how to cook my own, but I don't even know where to start.