View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 AM
pmal19
Lurker

pmal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bringing a working water-damaged phone to a store?

I am curious as to the possible outcomes to this situation

I am one of the fortunate who got a really good working TP which I have had for over a year with no problems, most of the time being flashed with MightyRom.

Finally, my car door got the best of my phone, but even a full powered closing of a car door, with my phone sustaining the entire force near the foot guard, only poped out the volume up and down tab and produced a 1 cm chip right above the tab. (as a side note, I have always been impressed with the durability of this phone)

I have since thought about brining my phone into a store (I have insurance) because with the small chip and tab out it looks damaged, even though functionally its fine (I suppose having open areas on your phone is just asking for trouble though, right?)

I have noticed that the red sticker on the back panel of my phone is fully red (water damaged) but the sticker on my battery is fine. Obviously I have no recollection of dropping it in a toilet or whatever, im assuming humidification did the trick. The thing is if I re-flash it to stock sprint, relock it, and bring it in (becuase of the missing volume tab and chip exposing the inside), can they still feed me the line that i'm SOL because its water damaged, even if the phone runs like a champ and the battery shows no damage?