View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 PM
ECO12co
Lurker

ECO12co is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Simple flashing guide w/Screenshots

ok, I know this is an old thread but I really need someone to point me into the right direction, since I was reading, trying and it always fails for the last week or so. here are the facts:

• got a PPC-6700 Sprint phone that was flashed to WM5 (Cricket) in working condition.
  • as most of you know, you have to upgrade. found a wm6 rom and followed all the instructions.
  • at 69% upgrade, the power went out in the neighborhood!
  • got the phone to reflash and was able to use it but with some errors: call history screen misses the left bar, messages won't show senders number...
  • since then I'm researching. got the ppckitchen and attempted a flash there. no luck. get the error that the file is not made for my device? strange! chose the Apache files, tried 5 or so and all the same thing...
  • after more searching, found your rom and made the attempt to flash. getting error 150 rom upgrade utility error.
    it does go into bootloader (1.02), connects (serial to USB screen), reads the device but doesn't state any upgrade or current version at the screen. after hitting next, the error message pops up.
    I did the first 'upgrade' via an xp machine, that also crashed later and now using Windows7. changing the settings in the WMobile Device Utility 6.1 (un/check USB connection) didn't make a difference as per connection or error message for the flash.
is there a way to fix this issue or just format the phone and start from scratch? I think I have found all guides to just do it from the beginning. so formatting it would be a problem it seams.

thanks in advance

Last edited by ECO12co; 04-04-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: needed more details