View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
bobram
PPCGeeks Regular

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
what exactly is the problem with the data arrows? I've used both the LEO and the Rhodium dialers and didn't notice a bug in the animation. Maybe I missed something.

Anyways, I was looking around in the Tweaks folder in the OEM folder and noticed the following registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CDMARSSI]
"EnableDataAnimation"=dword:00000001
"Enable1XEVStatus"=dword:00000001

Originally, EnableDataAnimation was set to 0. Maybe that's what might be causing your data animation to be not working. Just a very, very wild guess.

(The registry key is located in the following file: ffffffff-db5d-4cfd-ad3b-eafc94f010ed.rgu)
I just tried that registry tweak you mentioned however, it does not fix the data arrows.

The exact problem with the data arrows is as follows, when the phone is transferring data, the data arrows should be solid white. When the phone is NOT transferring data, the arrows should dim to a grey colour to indicate that while the phone is still connected to the data network, it is not transferring.

As is it right now, the data arrows are "stuck" on solid white, and not dim to grey even when the phone stops transferring data.

If you flash your stock carrier rom, you will see the proper animation.

NFSFAN has apparently made the data arrows animate correctly on his CDMA Touch Pro ROM, but he hasn't responded to my PM requesting information regarding this enhancement.