View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Zaphod-Beeblebrox
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Well, Day 2 of the Titanium only ROM was less successful. The memory was awsome, staying around 100MB. However, I had difficulty with the phone. I could not use the call history to make calls. More troubling, I could make all the calls I want untill I receive an inbound call. After an inbound call, I could not dial out unless I did a soft reset.

I tried reflashing, but with the same results. No apps were installed except for the Verizon keyboard fix.

I'll stop by and check out the next release. I am sure that this will be something simple and probably resolved in the next release.

Thanks for your help.

Doug M.
I suspect this is largely due to the fact that Formula uses the latest/greatest releases for WinMo. The last build was 23549. While these builds give us the newest interfaces and features that MS may be working on, they are also going to be the least stable.
Formula mentioned he is working on a 23554 release. I have recently started working through the tools to build ROMS, and cooked my first Rom yesterday based on 23554. Besides the fact that I don't yet know what I'm doing and it was a horrible failure , there is one VERY large bug in 23554: When you open the menu in the e-mail client, it doesn't go away!
I don't know this, but I suspect that's why Formula hasn't dropped a new release yet. Trying to solve that issue.
So, if you are looking for drop dead stability, you are likely going to have to leave the 6.5.X world and go back to a 6.5 build. Those builds are much more stable, and see far less movement in their code bases.