View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 PM
fr3sh_t0_d3f
Hello. My name is Success

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post your Diamond today screens here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
All of the Manila 20xx roms are not feature packed enough for me. Certainly stable, such as OMJ's newest 2012 roms. But manila just isnt complete, and I never use landscape mode. Landscape manila is pointless on a diamond the screen isnt meant to be that way.

fr3sh_t0_d3f ... honestly, I am a huge fan of your work. Not a HUGE fan of your overall design style. BUT, that being said you're clearly talented...I'm a graphic designer / filmmaker so I'm pretty creative and I like the way you section everything off and bring everything into proportion. The way you organize your graphics compliments their visual style pretty well. You have a dark style, but I'm more partial to a lighter, fluttery style when it comes to application design. Anyway the point of this little rant is that I was using the Nexus one for about 2 months on t-mobile (i bought it outright and put it on a t-mobile employee plan because i now work for radioshack, so my bill was like $50 a month for a nexus one). But Manila 1921 on a good Diamond rom is waaaay more feature packed than a Nexus one. I don't really give a shit about having the same / slightly less features on a phone but it looks a mere....eh, 30% better. The design of the N1 and the idea behind its user interface is cute I guess, but ladies and gentlemen I give you the creation of OMJ, fr3sh_t0_d3f, and many other people who worked on the core functionality of this rom. I really don't feel like this rom gets enough exposure, as it's tucked away at the bottom of post 3 in fresh's rom section with little discussion surrounding it. ..This is fr3sh_t0_d3f's Manila 1921 wm6.5 rom. Two key points I feel are...

*Plain but beautiful White Sense theme compliments how easy sense is to use. Colorful themes are nice, but since using this rom it's great, much less distracting. This rom makes you realize just how much other roms suck. Because with a GUI this simple, everything better work, otherwise it ruins the clean experience of the whole rom. And trust me, everything works great.

*The all white theme means you don't have to have your screen as bright to see it well, even in sunlight, which in terns saves a LOT of battery life, which we all know is key for a Diamond user. I mean its nothing crazy but it's noticable, with the brightness only needing to be up to the 3rd notch with the all white theme, as opposed to the 7'th or 8'th which is where I usually have it...gives me about an 2 hours of extra battery life.

...and that's it, what more do you need...screenshots? Start using this rom like, yesterday...

PS - I sold my nexus one...employee plan means no 2 year contract and I broke even on the phone when I sold it. Luckily I didn't have it engraved with my name or anything haha, otherwise I never would have sold that thing. Def. waiting for the EVO 4G.
Thank you JQuill. This is the kind of thing that inspires me to keep cooking ROMs. At first it was for my convience and then I went public and it becomes more of a job. I appreciate these words very very much.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->