View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
rhyme187
VIP Member

rhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinman02 View Post
Just wanted to offer my feedback of this ROM after playing around with it for the last week:

First, this rom looks a lot better than 2.1, and 2.5 has some niffty if not critical features. I've tried other 2.5 roms in the past and have always reverted back to 2.1 because the speed was just not up to par. This is the first 2.5 rom where the speed was not affected to the point of being a dealbreaker. Having said that, I feel Mike's 2.1 was definitely faster. Nothing too surprising here... I should add that I installed cookie's home tab and got it to work well, albeit with some overall performance degradation (particularly when coming out of the manila home tab). Again, nothing deal-breaking...

A point that may be especially relevant to some of the users of this rom is that I did have the SOD issue and some inexplicable, seemingly random problems when I first installed the rom. The flash sequence that I used first was: 1)clear storage, 2)install Sprint 6.5, 3)install Mightyrom and provision, 4)clear storage. Generally speaking, the rom worked for the most part ok. The biggest issue after this original sequence was problems during boot up. I would get messages saying that an app failed to load due to not enough memory or something similar. The device would often lock up during boot up or sometimes just randomly. After countless re-boots and trying to tweak the settings without consistent improvement, I tried to re-flash the radio again, but it didn't fix the problems. Finally, I decided to start over, but this time, my flash sequence was: 1)clear storage, 2)install Sprint 6.5, 3) clear storage, 4) install Mightrom and provision, 5)clear storage.

I haven't had a startup error or SOD since (knocks on wood). Overall, I'm very impressed with the performance and stability of this rom. It didn't come at first, but now that I got it working right, it's the best rom I've used yet. The fact that I used the exact same files to re-flash the second time and that I no longer have these problems tells me that my issues were caused by something being corrupted during the initial flash. I'm not sure if or why the additional clear storage step fixed it, but it did. The only lingering bug that I've found is that the default zoom in PIE is huge for some reason for any page it renders. I'm still looking for a solution to that one.

My suggestion to anyone who has any SOD or similar issues with this release: take the time to re-flash. It just may change the whole experience for you.
the part i highlighted in RED in this post should be stickied or added to the wiki cause after several methods attempted to get this RoM Running Golden this is WHAT WORKS THE BEST