Lurker

NYCspeedSurfer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Thank you sir!

Thank you very much for your input! I've looked into it and you are correct. I haven't tried to narrow down what allows to look into other dirs for nbh files. Hopefully can do that soon. This should hopefully allow looking into ever dir for them, since exe extraction doesn't look to swell.
~mike
i
Mike,
I appreciate your efforts on both fronts (searching entire SD card for roms and.nbh file extraction)
. However, the most useful tool i would want is a mobile version of pagerpool (pp) changer, anyway you could write a mobile version that would allow a device to open for hex edit an.nbh file? Ideally, this utility would be a part of your sd card flasher that offers the user a series of steps to flashing: 1) open the nbh file on the root of SDand display current pp settings and the option of adjusting pp to (especially for us verizon cdma tp users to settings of 0, 6, 10, 12 - whatever higher settings for the fuze).
2) choose settings of device type like tp, tp2, etc (and make them stick upon installation of ur app?)

3) choose rom file and flash.

Many of the chefs are now including an option of reviewing and changing pp size as part of the flash from pc's, can you write this code up for mobile?

If i may suggest - abingdon the multi directory nbh search and extraction projects for now. leave it to the user to be responsible to place the desired nbh file on the root of sd card.

Ooh, just had a thought! What if i had links (.lnk) on the sd root say "EnergyRom(version),lnk", "m
ighty6Rom.lnk"; could to ur ap offer to "look for rom links"? Then, user chooses the desired rom link, program responds with "rom is being copied, this may take several minutes- pls wait". (.nbh is copied to sd root)

the good thing about the above is that I only have ONE .nbh file on the root along with my persistent .lnk rom links! you could even write code to automatically search for .nbh files off the path of SD/ROMS/ (containing subdirs of "energy", "mighty", "nfsfan"),! But considering ur difficulties so far at nbh searching, maybe ur program could search upon installation?

don't know if my gibberish makes sense, lemme know if you need more. Also, I can provide more info on pagepool settings - has been thoroughly discussed both here and over at XDA.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all ur hard work.
-Ric