View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
chris1683
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.30.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

I appreciate the heads up, but so far I have not seen any issues when using a soft reset application. I use PHM Soft Reset and I have the .exe in a folder in my SD Card called "Soft Reset." When I want to reset, I just open file explorer, and tap the soft reset .exe and I am good to go. I do not use Maxmanilla or Cookie Mod so I cannot comment on their compatibility with my rom. If something has an issue on the original Sprint ROM, it most likely will have the same issue on mine as well as it is based off of the the 6.5 upgrade.

In relation to SOD (Sleep of Death), I have seen it once or twice, but I also saw it on the stock 6.5 Sprint ROM so that seems like something we may have to deal with. I can say that the screen does come back on after a few seconds. As far as the problems you mentioned concerning the registry, I have not seen anything reset itself or revert back at any time. I have had very good luck using the rom and others have reported the same.

I agree with JD that Sprint could have done a better job, but I think overall this release was like trying to push a tank with the engine of a a moped. Our phones are simply limited by their processor but nonetheless I appreciate that Sprint went ahead and made an upgrade for our phones as this was not something they had to do. As with any computer (or phone) running anything Windows based, problems are expected from time to time and this is just reality as no OS is perfect. I think that many of the chef's on this site have done a great job taking something which started out as "good" and making it into something "great."

I am attaching my SOFT RESET folder for you guys to throw on your SD cards if you want. Enjoy!

Attached Files
File Type: zip SOFT RESET.zip (5.9 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by chris1683; 04-01-2010 at 08:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.