View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
popdog54
Eat Static

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.30.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Chris, did you see this post by jakdillard in the Official Sprint 6.5 ROM thread?

"ok the sprint upgrade has several problems:

1 there has been a dramatic change in the native kernal which may cause some apps not to work correctly like soft reset programs and such

2 the change in some of the drivers cause a conflict between opera and youtube playback : open m.youtube.com in opera and try to play a video using the standard player, when you finally get to the youtube app playback will not happen

3 the change in the drivers cause SOD (sleep of death) issues, this may be a result of using an unlocked radio with the newer drivers but nonetheless it does happen

4 the responsiveness of sense will be slowed down considerably when using older parts with the newer parts : there have been some changes in sense since the GSM rhodium sense 2.5 was released so using Maxmanila or cookie may cause problems also you will have to keep in mind that sense 2.5 is an OS overlay meaning that you will have to treat it like windows is the host OS and sense is the guest like running windows 98 inside of vista .... you can do it but that dont mean everything is gonna work 100%

5 overall the speed of the upgrade is slow, its not the version of the OS but the OEM tweaks that was applied to it

most of the chefs that are with SPCS want to use the SPCS upgrade as a base for projects and they may have taken time to fix each of these issues (I know it took me some time to match everything up right) but I would advise people to use a custom ROM and make complaints to Sprint about this upgrade .... IT WAS NOT GOOD."

The reason I brought this up is because I had an issue with your ROM, which might have been caused by xdaShutdown.

I was running the 3-23 ROM for a few days with no problems. For some reason I needed to do a soft reset (I forgot why). I used xdaShutdown. When my phone restarted it was stuck on the Touch Pro2 boot screen. I tried several more soft resets using the reset button with the same result. I thought my phone had crapped out. Finally though the phone booted up normally, or so I thought.

Right away I could tell my backlight settings were changed. After checking I few things I realized my registry was changed back to it's original settings. When I hit start only the Home icon appeared in the menu. Since I was using UltimateLaunch I could check all my shortcuts on the Home screen, which all worked , but I figured I might as well install the 3-30 ROM.

It ran ok for a day. But then I tried to access a program from the Start Menu and I got an error saying the program couldn't be found and I should try reinstalling it. I tried a few other shortcuts, some worked, some didn't, one of which was xdaShutdown. All these programs were installed to my phone, not the SD card.

So I soft reset again using the reset button and ran into all kinds of problems trying to reinstall my programs, specifically the ones that required a soft reset after installation. These problems happened after I installed the cabs and hit ok to reset. Sometimes the registry would reset itself, sometimes the phone would hard reset instead of soft reset, sometimes the phone would get stuck on the Touch Pro2 screen or Windows Splash Screen. Eventually it got stuck to the point where I had to go to the boot screen. From there I flashed a different ROM and haven't had any problems since.

I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe my phone was just on the fritz for a while. The problem could have been what jakdillard stated above about soft reset programs. Just thought I'd let you know.