N00b
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why does my 2.5 LAG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post
People WANT their 2.5 to be faster than 2.1. But the truth of the matter is, I've tried many variants of the 2.5, tried changing pagepool sizes, getting rid of some tabs, but it was never as snappy as 2.1. Unless we can overclock TP2 (WM side, not android) we are stuck with laggy 2.5.
yeah i'd love to see it running 100%, but i would like to see more development (adding tabs and further customization) on 2.1 since 2.5 doesn't seem like it will ever run smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im rockin energy with the cookie mod cooked in. NO LAG WHATSOEVER!!!!!!
lucky, hopefully you don't run into lag one of these days. same happened to me with MR War. i was running smoothly no lag at all for maybe a week and a half and suddenly it just started lagging beyond belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon View Post
As much as I'd love it to run smoothly, I seriously doubt 2.5 ever will on the TP2 without some major OC'ing...that being said, the new MR is as smooth as I've ever seen with 2.5.

Also to everyone that says there is NO lag with 2.5 and/or cookie's home tab mod, your just not SEEING it and sometimes it takes time.

After about a week of having cookie's on mine with both Mr X's and MR it will start to considerably slow the device down. Sometimes I'll slide to unlock the phone(stock 6.5 lock) and it will zip to the home screen quickly without issue, sometimes it takes like 1-2 seconds to render the screen, which is annoying as hell if you ask me.

I'm seriously considering flashing back to the last version of MR with 2.1, IT was faster than anything I've ever used without question.
i was actually going to ask you guys if overclocking was possible because i'm a little new with flashing phones, but then realized that there's only so much a phone could do that it would be asking a lot from such a device.

i agree that some people just might not SEE the actual lag, because they aren't as picky as i am. i always need to best and the fastest because i notice every little flaw...i guess that's just my fault though

i've flashed back to 2.1 several times because of the annoyance 2.5 caused me, and i think im going to stay there for good now unless something drastic happens. i'm running mr x 2.1, with the stock sliders and an android taskbar. runs like a beauty!

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!