View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
BroMarduk
PPCGeeks Regular

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 31| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmaniac View Post
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if there is a singular list of programs. On the original TF3D, I believe, there was a soft key that said "All Programs" that had a list of all programs. You just had to click on which one you wanted to open (not add to quick launch).

My problem with the GPS is that I have location turned on, I downloaded satellites from quick GPS, and opened Google Maps. It says initializing GPS then after a minute it says GPS receiver not found. I think I'm going to flash back to the stock ROM. I never checked to see if it worked with that.

And to everyone else I apologize for my rant. I was disappointed. I was extremely excited to have this new phone and wanted it to be fully operational quickly (It's my productivity machine for work, something my iPhone could never accomplish). I am sorry and I really would really appreciate the help.
You can try using the included HTC GPSTool and see what strength the sattelites are coming in at. It's possible its a really weak signal and may take longer than the google timeout to lock. Settings are COM4 (assuming you didn't reconfigure the GPS to another port) and I think you need to lower the Baudrate to 38400 (YMMV here).

It would also tell you if something is wrong and you are getting NO signal (which might indicate something wrong with the phone). You can find and run the tool and install it on the stock ROM too, if you want to validate a HW issue...From inside, it took me over 2 minutes to find the first sattelite and it never did get a lock. Outside, it took about 20 sec.