View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uninstall In-Call Recording program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpster View Post
I installed the In-Call Recording program from the first page and now I can't uninstall it. It doesn't show up in my installed programs list. I even tried to reinstall it in hopes that it would show up in my installed programs list and when it tried to remove the original install, it said it couldn't remove it. It would seem like I'm stuck.

I would like to try another program, but I need to get this one off of my system first to avoid a potential conflict.

Does any one know how to remove it from my HTC Touch Pro2? I searched this thread and couldn't fins a solution.

Thanks.
That cab changes four registry keys. You'd need to know what they were set to originally and then use a registry editor to change them. This is what it sets...

"HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev"
"VocRecPath" value="2"

"HKLM\System\AudioRecording"
"Enabled" value="1"

"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Voice"
"EnableCallRecordMenuItem" value="1"
"AllowInCallRecording" value="1"

You can probably assume that the 'enabled' and 'allow' keys can simply be changed from '1' to '0' to disable those features though.

Unfortunately I have this installed too so I can't tell you what those values used to be sorry.