View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Steve St.Laurent
PPCGeeks Regular

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMarduk View Post
All about the Codecs. When encoding your video as MP4, try selecting AAC as the audio portion of the encoding. You obviously got the video part right. Other than some very slight out-of-syncness, its worked for me on the Imagio on the HTC Player, Windows Media Player, and TCPMP (volume is set to 0 by default in some roms, so if using TCPMP make sure you check that).

Here are the settings in MediaCoder I used to convert video:

Video: Format - XviD
Mode - Average Bitrate
Source - MEncoder
Encoder - Auto Select

Audio Encoder - FAAC
Format - LC-AAC
Source - Auto Select
Resample - Original
Audio ID - 1

Container - MP4

I also have a preset available if you use MediaCoder and want it....
I did more troubleshooting tonight and I don't think it's a codec issue. First, I converted it using MP4ForHD ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478050 ) and tried both X264 and ffmpeg. I found today that if I have my phone connected through bluetooth on an a2dp connection the audio works fine in the MP4 movies. If I am trying to play just through the internal speaker I get no sound at all. 3gp works fine both on the internal speaker and through bluetooth. If the phone can play the audio from the MP4 through bluetooth then the codec must be correct and in there. I'm going to try flashing back to the stock verizon rom and try playing the movie and then try a couple of NRGz's ROM's prior to the 30th to see if it will play on any of them and will post back with my findings.

UPDATE: video and audio works fine on Verizon MR1 ROM - doesn't work on all of the energy ROM's I tested - 3/17 21895 Sense 2.5 w/cookie (no video either on this one), 3/26 23549 Sense 2.5 w/cookie (no audio).

Last edited by Steve St.Laurent; 03-31-2010 at 08:46 PM.