View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Getitnowmarketing
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1 23554 3/30/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Curious about the 6.1 os ROM. I'd like to give it a go and I started wondering if the gps issue is radio related, what would happen by installing a tp2 radio? Anything? Possible,feasible,dumb idea, mess up my imagio? I've heard others trying doing cross device radio installs on various devices. Never paid much attention. Any input? I've never tried it, so just asking.
Not the radio its kernel and kernel layer drivers. Your radio works with GPS only on 6.5 as it has 6.5 kernel and drivers. Its easier to move drivers/apps/kernel forward to a newer OS than to move stuff written for a newer OS backwards to an older one. The kernel interface layer type drivers are very much phone specific and cannot be used from any other device. If we were to somehow get an xip dump and oem driver dump from a real imagio wm6.1 test rom it would be easy.