View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Nosey
Regular 'Geeker

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
I realize that this is kind of outside the scope of a ROM thread, but I'm wondering if any of you use Google Voice, and if so, what's the best Windows Mobile client for it at the moment? It looks like Google doesn't have much interest in releasing one of their own for this phone OS right now.
I've been using google voice since around october, didn't have a data plan at the time so all I did was setup 2 numbers for each contact, 1 is set as a direct dial to the person and the other is set to dial my gv# and then the persons number ie: mynumber<Pause>2theirnumber# and works 99% of the time, depending on the dialer and the rom, the pause is either a P or the ","... if you have to enter a password from your cell to access gv, put mynumber<P>password<P>2number#

I got a data plan the last month, looked at the some of the other options and found this to be the best and easiest method

and if I don't have the person's number on my phone, I have a quick link setup to my contact page on google voice where I can select the person and for gv to call me and then them

you can pm me if you want to know anything else, no one has my actual cell number and I only use gv for all in and out calls and use 0 minutes of my plan