View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
ichthus
PPCGeeks Regular

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

i apologize for posting this again, but it's a cool thing and it got lost in a shuffle about battery life (again!).

I'm on the 21895 Mar 9th MaxManila version of NRG's ROMs and really enjoying it.

i decided to rename the top row of shortcuts to clean up the today screen.
while i was editing the registry links for them, i realized that i didn't actually need a name for these icons as they are self-explanatory, like calendar, google maps, and total commander.

so i deleted the string in the reg key and left it as a blank.
when i restarted HTC Sense, wow, the icons were almost invisible....like having about a 20% opacity.

i re-edited the google maps icon and entered a " " (space) for it's name. that caused HTC Sense to display the icon with normal opacity and with no title.

so, if you want to see that gorgeous background you're using for a today screen and your shortcuts are obscuring it, follow these steps and make the icons very opaque.

i've attached a pic of my today screen with the calendar icon at normal opacity (because that title is a " "), and google maps, and total commander are very transparent as i've left their titles empty.

marvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot8.jpg (7.7 KB, 86 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ichthus; 03-30-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fix steps taken
This post has been thanked 1 times.