View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
nrfitchett4
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: future hacks for our phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Also realize that other OS may not run as well on TP2. The HD2 has much better specs.

WM 6x may be the last great WM OS that we as power users/modders are accustomed to. It allows total freedom/hackability/customization, etc. WM7 is going the way of Apple with a totally controlled, sandboxed OS in the name of "security". A lot of the things we do on 6x phones wont be doable on some of the new more locked down OS choices.

I say we focus on making 6.5.x and our TP2's and good as they can be for the time being with as many power user features as possible and GUI enhancements that don't sacrifice performance. Why bog down a good phone with WM7 when it isnt even finalized/bug free yet? Even Android on a WM phone has lots of issues. If you want the latest and greatest eye candy, go get a iPhone or something. We are seeing the death of WM as we know it now. The freedom we have with WM 6x is a thing of the past I'm afraid. Even jailbreaking an iphone has been stomped out with Apples latest firmware.
I can kindof see winmo's point of "locking down" the OS. A lot of the crap we put on our phones are the reason for the unresponsiveness and crashes. then winmo gets at least part of the blame for it.
I am not opposed to paying for my apps through an app store as long as they are reasonably priced. I would still like to have some UI customability and multitasking though.