View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:18 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I can't believe I'm saying that. I used to rail on soft keyboards with unrestrained fury.
I'm still not convinced I'd like a soft keyboard. I *know* that eventually I would get used to it, and I probably could type just about as quickly - but the feedback from pressing a real button... I guess I'm old school, I just don't like not having a physical button to press. Heck, I even hate dialing with the keypad on the touchscreen, because I can't feel what I'm pressing.

The Evo looks like a fantastic product - but why no physical keyboard? I think manufacturers are trying to save money here, and I'm sure they're doing a great job at it - making a device with just a virtual keyboard probably saves a TON in hardware costs, plus they still charge the same for the device. Brilliant, same revenue, less cost, higher profits.

Just doesn't seem like they're designing phones for the enthusiast anymore. The Droid is a pretty good attempt, but it's pretty much the only one that comes to mind that's a) an Android phone and b) has hardware that's even remotely worth the sticker price.

/rant.