View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 03:55 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
makk do you ever get tired of answering the same questions (camera, gps, battery)? i mean they get asked on what seems like a daily basis. i see you answer them time and time, and time again and i think to myself, that you have to be one of the most patient people i have seen on this site. you are a one of a kind, so i want to say thanks for all of us for sticking with the project and not getting frustrated.

altho i do have to say that i will be ditching my TP the day the EVO is made available to me. without trying android on my TP i might have not switched from WM.
The upside of forums -- it's easy to not post if I'm not in a good mood -- in fact, it's easier to not post than it is to post something mean. If this were real time, I'd probably come off as less nice. Also, I'm glad I'm not responsible for the TP2 threads -- if I had to deal with that volume and repetition, I'd DEFINITELY come off as less nice.

I've been dreaming of the Evo/Supersonic for months already... now I'm trying to figure out a way to get it on my SERO plan when it comes out -- but I doubt I'll come up with a way to do that. On paper, it looks like just about the perfect phone. (And I finally got a get a HD2 in my hands at a T-Mobile store this week, and it feels like just about the perfect phone, too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar19 View Post
Per Chrialex, getting the latest RootFS allowed 3G data to work for me as well with no extra steps. Been nice to actually use it on a more regular basis. Have found that music programs like Slacker or Pandora do not play nicely with going to sleep.
Great to hear that USCC just plain works -- though I am totally baffled as to how that is the case.

Probably in the future there could be a wakelock added to speaker access, to keep the system from sleeping when music is playing. I imagine making it work well is a somewhat tricky proposition, since it's done in a very weird way in Windows Mobile, and they got paid to make that work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.