View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
piranah
College ROM Teacher ESQ

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Sprint TP2 6.5 OEM Freezes when Exiting SMS/MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I had this same exact issue on 6.1. It's manila's messaging. It's loading all the 18K or 21K texts. When you sent/receive txts it will have to re-load the updated 18K-21K txts all over again.
What I do so that I have my txts available and searchable is that I use
Efficasoft Mobile Express to export the txt to a .txt file.
then I use a perl script I wrote to turn the .txt into a mbox format.
then I load it up into thunderbird portable.
then I copy them to a local imap server.
finally, I have gmail synch the files from my computer and tag them as SMS.
So I can search through them on-the-go. after I do this, I can archive them in myPhone. One feature myphone needs is something like "archive all by last 5 txt from each conversation" that would rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXLINE View Post
im having the exact same issue. my phone seemed fine until i synced via microsoft myphone
21k messages
why are you backing up that many texts? plus myphone can only do 10k...ive gotten the warning several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound3785 View Post
I have around 100 contacts and less than 200 txts. I am having this problem to the point it is unusable. I've installed the goodthings2life cab. Its unreal how problematic it is. It takes like 20 seconds to switch from landscape to portrait. It crashes when closing sometimes 1-2 minutes. I know this is a 6.5 issue as im not a 2k txt msger, didnt have this issue with 6.1, yet im still having this issue.

(Sigh) I'm really frustrated b.c. im txting a new girl and this sms f-up is messing with the game...
do a hard reset or a clear storage. lots of people arent doing this after flashing to the new rom

Help Me Help You