SuperDave MotorSports
Lurker

SuperDave MotorSports is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Memory issues continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Untill HTC releases a 23xxx build that we can get a taskmanager from its not possible. You will need to close with showcase.
I like the task manager included in your ROM for closing processes. Not as pretty as showcase but it shows all the processes (others take note there are many you dont want to close) and you can run it at startup in the background. It takes the same amount of resources as showcase, opens easier when the phone slows compared to showcase, as long as its running in the background.

and it keeps an eye on that pesky gwes.exe

on that note, it seams that process needs a little work, its the largest and only grows until finally the phone has to be reset. Ive tried to disassemble and find its leak but i know to little about it and at this point its just easier to reset than dissect gwes. besides there are other processes that get hung and need restarted. Have had some luck with htc addicts clean ram have also tried sktools clean ram with less luck, its not as configurable near as i can tell.

All in all I found that the phone runs better without htc sense, just using windows. More memory, less redundant processes.

Sense on top of windows is just to much for this phone, somethings got to go. Sense easier that windows to turn off.

Android opperating system is starting to look pretty good right about now.